Friday, August 30, 2013

While the boat is being worked on...

Well, both Jay and I are very handy.  He is the good kind of handy and I am the glue gun kind of handy.  As I have said, we have much more love than money.  So we have to be frugal.  I spend alot of time on pinterest trying to find tips on how to make my home livable for less money...yep, cheap!  LOL

Here are some of my recent projects
The first one is a hand painted rug made from a $5 piece of canvas.  The bed skirt is made from a $1.98 sheet from GoodWill.  Stapled to the bedframe.


This is a steal from a high end store.  Canvas, elmers glue, paint...Paris, the eiffel tower and a paris map

This is the extra bedroom.  Made up for Jay's youngest girl.  98 cent sheet is the bed skirt.  The curtain was made with 50 cents worth of fabric.
This is on the wall of the same bedroom.  A $1.99 wooden box.  Painted, the left over fabric decoupaged on it.  This is a shelf for girlie things.

This next one is an old torn canvas.  Covered in batting and $1 worth of fabric, then $1 worth of ribbon stapled across the fabric.  Old cards and memories slipped under the ribbon.

Ahhh...and my favorite.  I had an old easel that the top was broken.  It had been a cast off of a friend of mine.  I was getting ready to toss it when I realized it would make an interesting side table.  Took the broken pieces off and there you go!


The home we rent have lovely built ins but they look a little plain.  The idea solution would be to paint but we cant do that.  So I took pieces of cardboard, cut them to fit in the slots and covered them in left over fabric...probably about $.50.  They brighten up the built ins without paint.  The rest of the items are goodwill and yard sale item...all under a dollar.


And finally a wall that just need a little color...a little fabric, a little ribbon and you have color.

Always looking for great ideas...please share!

Moving on to making quilts for Christmas!!!! yippee

No comments:

Post a Comment